Tuesday, March 3, 2015

silver lining in a dark cloud

I wrote yesterday about the dog that had gone missing after he & his owner were in a fatal car wreck on Sunday & that everyone in our community was out searching for him - HE WAS FOUND TODAY! safe & sound - he was spotted near the wreck site this afternoon, so his breeder took his (Duke the dog) father out there & called for him & Duke came right to them.  I know it's just a dog, but to know that he will be living with his owners daughters and can bring them some type of comfort & he wasn't hurt or killed in the accident as well is very heartwarming.  They found him in time to take him to the visitation/viewing of Jeff this evening.  There were literally hundreds of people out looking for this pooch.  I myself went out this morning when someone spotted a "look alike" & searched for awhile. It is so weird that such a tramatic event can bring so many people together.  It sparked a deep discussion between Kelvin & I tonight about our thoughts on the subject & what would happen should we or someone we know go missing & so on.  It got heated, but was in the long run a very good discussion.  I hope you all take the time out to hug your loved ones.. tell them you love them each and every time you leave, you really never know when it could be your last..

-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment