Monday, November 10, 2014

Soup & Sister Act -

The temperatures are finally starting to fall (no pun intended) here in Northeast Texas so that means soup/stew season is here! I made a big pot of Homemade Chicken & Dumplings last night, YUUUUM!  Didn't take a good pic once it was bowled up, but here it is still in the pot:

Homemade Chicken & Dumplings
I DO make my own dumplings since I started using this specific recipe.  It tastes like the dumplings you get @ Cracker Barrel & it's DELICIOUS! Now when I make "chicken & dumpling soup" which is basically chicken noodle soup with dumplings instead of noodles, then I used canned biscuits cut up, but they just don't do the trick for this thick hearty recipe.  People don't realize how simple it really is to make your own biscuits or dumplings & it just adds to the taste & flavor of the stew.  

Tonight is a toss up between Taco Soup (we're having it at work today) or Lasagna Soup with Cheesy Yum - Both are heaven in a bowl, so I'll post pics & let ya know tomorrow which we end up having.  Do you have any good soup/stew recipes you'd like to share?!

On a non-food note - last week Kelvin won tickets to go see Sister Act, the musical! It was a good night out for us, especially since we don't get many of them EVER.  Some good friends of ours kept Fenway so that we could go.  We have gotten really blessed to have friends that are more like family to us here, we would be lost without them!


The musical was good, but wasn't exactly what I was expecting.  We had both thought that it would be the same music & songs from the original movies (sister act & sister act 2) but it wasn't.  The premise & story line was the same, but it was all different songs & music.  The acting was wonderful & you really can't beat seeing something live on stage.  The energy & power that the singers have is incredible.  

The holidays are approaching very quickly!  We will be busy at work this week preparing for our annual community Thanksgiving Feast to be held next week before school lets out.  Fingers crossed for a smooth couple of weeks!  

Hope you are all doing well - share those recipes if you've got any - 

-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment