I dunno if "sleety" is an actual word, I doubt it, but you get the gist! So in Texarkana, when the weather even starts to look like it may sleet/freezing rain/snow the entire town goes flipping nuts.. NUTS!! It was pretty funny last night & this morning reading the posts on facebook from parents about schools closing (or not closing) - it was 34-36 degrees this morning with NO PRECIPITATION & parents were pissed that school wasn't canceled! Then around 10 am it did start LIGHTLY sleeting & the entire town went crazy. Most area schools ended up letting out early (1 or 2 vs 3..) and all schools have opted for a delay start for tomorrow morning, even though it hasn't sleeted/rained/snowed for hours now. Oh the life of living in East Texas where just 2-3 days ago it was 70 degrees..
On a family note- due to pure safety precautions, Fenway has started sleeping in her own room. For over a year now she has always slept in her crib or pack & play in our room. First out of necessity (we didn't have another room @ our old house) and then because of my proctective mama bear emotions. I just liked having her in the room with us, it makes me feel so much more secure, especially when Kelvin works nights - anyway - last night I laid her down as I always do & as I was writing my last post I heard her squeal so I went to check on her. There was my 2 1/2 year old mountain climber planking on the edge of her pack & play!! she had gotten her body pillow just right & was able to scale the sides! I wish I could have gotten a picture, but safety is more important that a captured moment on film.. So, into her own room & big crib she went. I didn't sleep very well as I went to check on her every hour.. she however, did fantastic & slept through the night.
Since we're on the subject of Kelvin working nights - a few months ago I posted a rant about his not getting the job he was up for because of the misunderstanding about the "credit card" while he was on a business trip in Ohio, well, he DID get the second position!! now this is kinda hush hush still, so SHHHH! I am so incredibly proud of him & for him! They are still working out the money thing & overtime thing, but he will go from working a month on days/month on nights to M-F 7-3:30!! We get our daddy & hubby back & I am so flipping excited! He has worked his ass off for this job & he SO deserves it! He is living proof that hard work & dedication can pay off - CONGRATS KELVIN BROOK - I am so so so so so proud & happy for you.. and I love you =)
We are hoping to hear from the genetics Dr. tomorrow about Fenway's appointment with them, so fingers crossed that it's sooner rather than later-
Today's "precipitation" just kinda made me mad. I LOVE snow.. LOVE LOVE snow.. and normally we have at least 1 good snowy day a year, but today was really just a tease. So, I have my fingers crossed that we have one more actual "snow day" coming to us before winter leaves us-
What does your town do when it snows/rains/sleets/precipitates?! Are they as crazy as East TX?
Have a great evening lovelies -
-Sara
No comments:
Post a Comment