Monday I had said that our "sleety/freeze" day was just a tease & that I wanted to have at least 1 REAL snow day this year like we have had every other year since I can remember.. well today was that day! It started snowing around 9am and didn't stop until 4ish this afternoon! It was such a fantastic day, except that Kelvin still had to go to work =( Fenway & I made an upside down snowman (he was standing on his head!) sadly he got tired and fell over a few hours later.. we made snow ice cream, Kota got to run & play in the snow, it was beautiful, there are pics posted all over social media of families out together having a good old fashioned family snow day. all the schools were closed & most people were off of work. It was great to see everyone unplug for awhile & spend some good quality time together. I'll post our pics later once my phone finishes updating & I can move them over to our computer. Kelvin's mom came over for awhile tonight and we played and - played and played and played some more (there may have been a glass of wine & a wine cooler thrown in there too.. hehe) but overall, it was my wish come true. Sadly, over 7,000 people in the surrounding area are without power. Our local churches & Red Cross have setup shelters around the area for those that don't have any heat & some schools have closed again tomorrow because of this. Thankfully we DO have power, but I was prepared anyway!! You really never know when some type of disaster or emergency may hit & with a little one with us now, I can't be over prepared. Hope you all are having a warm & cozy night -
-Sara
No comments:
Post a Comment