Sunday, February 22, 2015

and I'm back -

So to catch you all up on what has happened over the last several months -

I accepted the job @ Le Cordon Bleu Dallas.  Kelvin & I went to find a house or apartment & to look for a nanny/sitter/daycare for Fenway.  We had also decided that Kelvin was going to stay in Texarkana for awhile & continue working until he could hopefully transfer to the plant in Dallas.  Long story short- EVERYTHING that could have gone wrong, did.  My prayer had been "God, if this opportunity isn't the right choice, please close the door for it" and boy DID HE EVER! So, after a lot of thought & discussion, I ended up having to decline the job.  I was heartbroken, still am a little, but it was what was best for our little family for now.  I do feel extremely stupid for quitting my job before I knew the LCB one was a for sure thing, but I guess ya live ya learn.  So for now, I am a stay at home mom/wife.  It's going ok.  not great, but ok.  It's more of a transition than I thought it would be, plus Kelvin is working crazy hours to make up for my loss of income & that sucks.  There really isn't any other job here in Texarkana that I can do, so I have thought about going to nursing school.  That is another career that I am interested in & that I could make a good career of here in TK.

We did move into the house in Texarkana, AR & I love it.  2 things that I don't like about it - the back yard floods when it rains & there are wasps.. tons and tons of wasps.  We have had a very warm winter & every time we have a warm day we are finding 1-4 wasps in the house.  IT IS AWFUL.  We have had a pest company come & spray for them but they are still here!!

Fenway had an MRI done a couple of weeks ago & we got the results.  They did give us some answers.  She has what is called: Chiari Malformation of the brain.  This means that the cerebral tonsils (the padding in the brain that cushions the cerebellum) have herniated through the base of her skull & are being pinched.  So those nerves are not working correctly & could be causing most if not all of her symptoms & delays.  There may also be a back up of CFS (spinal cord fluid) but we won't know that until we meet with the specialists.  There is a surgery that can be done to relieve the pressure, BUT there are some serious risks to the surgery & there is no guarantee that it would alleviate her symptoms.  We will know more in the coming weeks once we get in to see the specialists.  It is extremely scary & nerve wracking, but we are thankful that we finally have some answers as to what is causing the delay. 

We got a dog.  He's a French Mastiff named Kota & I absolutely love him.  The dog hair & extra vacuuming not so much, but he is wonderful.  Kelvin isn't too keen on him.. he's only ever had puppies, never a "dog" so he kinda freaks him out some.  He is very well trained, but he still has some puppy in him so he barks & tries to jump & play with Fenway & kelvin doesn't like it.  We may end up having to find him a new home though =( If all of this plays out with fenway the way we're afraid it will then we will have to be extra careful about her falling or getting knocked down, so with him being so big, that's an issue.  I'm hoping that getting him neutered next week will help calm him down some, so we will see.  I am already in love with him & will be heartbroken if we have to find him a new home, but Fenway comes first. 

That's pretty much it for now.. we finally got a new computer (I had always updated from my work computer..) so I will be able to post much more often now! Will keep everyone updated on Fenway's condition as we know more. Until then - Hope your life is wonderful!

-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment