My eating has been pretty basic the last few days, but I have found that I have not been hungry at all and the cravings have been very very minimal. Also, I've upped my salt & water intake, I've read everywhere that doing this helps curb cravings and "atkins flu" that some sometimes get when beginning this way of eating. It is what hit me so hard last time, the nausea, irritabliity, basically take PMS symptoms and multiply it times 10 & you've got the "atkins flu"
anyway! my meals the last few days:
Breakfast: Bacon and Coffee (10ish slices of bacon & 2 cups of coffee with splenda & Heavy Cream)
** normally I would have Bullet Proof Coffee in the morning to help up my fat count for the day, but I've been enjoying a little more sleep instead of getting up to make it! If you haven't heard of or tried BPC (bullet proof coffee) - google it! It is fantastic & really helps in weightloss on a LC way of life.
Lunch: Tuna Salad with SF Mayo, pickle, onion
Dinner-
Monday: Chicken Parmesan Soup
Tuesday: Crockpot Pesto Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
Snacks: Peanuts (dry roasted) and Chicken Broth
I keep a pot of Chicken Broth (it's actually chicken base or bouillon mixed with water) warm and on the stove all day. I keep a warm cup at my desk throughout the day and sip on it. This completely takes my cravings away, keeps my tummy full, and gives me the mouth feel of something savory when I'm craving it instead of diving into a bag of cheeseits or doritos! It also adds much needed salt at this stage to keep the "atkins flu" away. And I've been countering it with 4 bottles of water while at work (plus a diet dr. pepper with lunch).
Salt only becomes a problem if you aren't drinking enough water to flush it from your system. Then it builds up and causes water retention and bloating and so on. This works great for me!
Tonight's dinner will be "Crack Slaw" which is basically Seasoned Ground Beef with Shredded CAbbage and Bacon, I throw in a bag of broccoli slaw too for the fiber. Super simple, super filling, and only 2 net carbs per 1/2 cup of cabbage! There won't be any leftovers.. I'll post a pic tomorrow (if I remember to take one tonight!)
Hope all is well in your world, wherever that may be! Has anyone else done a Low Carb way of eating? What were your results?
-Sara
No comments:
Post a Comment