Last week we had gotten some parent complaints about both cafeterias. Nothing specific, just "my kid doesn't like the food" complaints. These come and go throughout the year so it's not really anything to worry about. We have our monthly board meeting next week, and obviously complaints of any kind don't look good so we went ahead and jumped ahead of the board! I've been doing surveys with all students about what they like/don't like/eat/don't eat and so on to show the board that I do take the complaints seriously yada yada yada.. I had seriously forgotten how ugly & snotty kids can be. Some of the answers were down right mean (although I know the kids that wrote it, and I got onto them last week about things or made them eat an alternate meal because they were -$5.00 in their account!) but still and so, I realize how many kids aren't taught manners or common decency today. What is kinda funny about the whole situation is that it was the OLDER kids (5-8th grades) that were so immature about the whole thing! My 1st-4th graders were wonderful & wrote the truth but took it seriously without being little jerks! I know kids will be kids and so on, but I really thought we had a better group of kids than that.
I'm starting all of the baking today for our fall festival this weekend. 700is treats is going to be A LOT but I'm really looking forward to diving in and getting my baking on for a change. Sometimes you just get sick of looking at paper and a computer all day.
I've been in "a mood" the last few days & I can't really figure out why. Just.. irritated.. is really the only way to describe it. I can't seem to focus on one task to completion, my mind is rather spacey, and everything seems to annoy me. No, I'm not preggo, for those of you that always think that as a first option! I'm hoping its a simple "carb craze" fix.. I haven't been eating to plan the last couple of days and I think this may be one result of it. That's an easy fix though, so we'll see how today goes.
My brother-in-law & sister-in-law are getting "married" next weekend - they went to the JP last year & got married but now they're having the actual wedding on Nov. 1st. I am a bridesmaid AND I'm doing the food - crazy i know. I was supposed to have help, but she has now backed out on me at the last minute & I am scrambling to find someone that knows anything about catering to help me. Kelvin thinks is just an easy - oh someone can just put the food out- kinda thing & it's not. This is the first time most of our family (hubby's side anyway) will be seeing me as a full blown chef & caterer. It is a big deal to me that I make a great impression. So now I'm stressed to the max about finding someone to help because I can't be doing food & taking pictures and so on. hopefully it will work itself out, so we'll see. Prayers for peace for me here!
Gotta get back to paperwork - YUUUCK-
hope you're having a less stressed day & get to enjoy whatever makes you happy today
-Sara
No comments:
Post a Comment